Katie and Brianna: Heterosexual Life mates

photo We're not gay but we're meant for each other, baby

Saturday, January 20, 2007

taggy pants

Dear Brianna,

In hopes of getting on the good side of the Gods, I will respond to your post with five things people may not know about me.

1. I am a secret redneck. I grew up in Baltimore (which has it's fair share of weird ass people) and at my Grandparent's house in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania (Bedford), both places that fully support redneck activities. I have been hunting (several times), I've been to about five Nascar races (best days of my life), I've been to livestock fairs, World of outlaw races (fucking dirt track car racing, son), I've worked on a farm (short, short time), I learned to drive at age 12, I had my first beer with my parents, I've had to drive an hour just to get to Walmart and then go in only to buy beef jerky, and one of my first crushes had about ten teeth. Nice.

2. I'm a pretty good flute player. I played for nine years and was second chair in high school. I'm awesome.

3. I had MAD buck teeth. And you will never see pictures. Thankfully, my Mother has dental insurance and i got to have braces for five years.

4. I'm extremely close with my cousins, to the point where we are more like brothers and sisters than cousins (i'm an only child). I grew up with these people, and we're all close in age (my best friend/cousin erin is two months older than me). I will do anything for any of them, and they all know it. Awwwwwwww.

5. Since most people ask me this anyway, I will answer it here. The tattoo of a purple ribbon on my left wrist represents general cancer. It' for all four of my grandparents, my aunts, my mother, Gilda Radner (dork, i know), and myself (I had cancer when I was 16. I'm all better now, and you can ask me about it if you're curious). It's nice to look down every day and see something that reminds me what I've been through in my life and also reminds me how lucky I am to be able to follow all my dreams here in New York when there was a time when I might not have been able to. Sometimes, it makes shitty days a lot better to think about that stuff.

Well, now that you know a lot more about me, I'm gonna go hide in my bedroom for a few weeks while this all blows over.

I don't know who to tag. So, um, I'm not gonna do it. Suck my dick.

Love,
Katie :)

1 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I love this blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home