Katie and Brianna: Heterosexual Life mates

photo We're not gay but we're meant for each other, baby

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Simple Joys

Dear Katie,
What Dunkin Donuts is to you, Subway is to me. When I say Subway, I don't mean the MTA, I mean the superior-sandwich-making-fast-food-chain. I ate fresh for the first time only a few months ago, and since that 6-inch turkey delight, I've been hooked.

I can't believe I went 21 years without falling victim to the sweet smell of baking bread that surrounds every Subway store. At Indiana University, I lived about two blocks away from the famous Subway that the famous Jared ate at. I've met and spoken with Jared in person, and incidentally found out how he really lost the weight. (I'll tell you about it if you ask me in person.) But this wasn't enough to get me to go inside.

There wasn't anything noteworthy about my first time eating at Subway, except for the jammin' tunes they played in the store. Listening to Tina Turner sing/ask "What's Love got to do With it," while I ordered my sandwich made the experience fun and relaxing, and enjoyable enough to make me go again.

After much experimentation, I've found the two perfect sandwiches, and after clocking in 5 years working at Panera Bread, I am a sandwich building expert.
1)Toasted wheat bread, cucumbers, lettuce, pickles (I know, weird, but trust me), green peppers, mayo, and salt&pepper
2)Toasted wheat bread, turkey, cucumbers, lettuce, tomato, and chipotle sauce
The best part is that you don't have to feel guilty for indulging in this tasty treat. Each sandwich is only about 5 weight watcher points, which translates to being a pretty kick ass meal.

Although Jared may be less than desirable, the product he pushes is the cream of the crop. I've eaten at many restaurants, from the fancy schmancy to the about to lose their license, and if I had to choose one place to eat at for the rest of my life, I would definitely choose Subway.
Love,
Brianna

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Eat Fresh! I prefer mine untoasted although it leaves you victim to the occasional (gasp) STALE subway!

(I need to know the truth about jared!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home