Katie and Brianna: Heterosexual Life mates

photo We're not gay but we're meant for each other, baby

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It's a rat race.

Dear Katie,
I haven't updated in a while because I am depressed. I just can't seem to get a job, and it is really making me blue. I was valedictorian, am a published writer, and have had some really cool internships, but, alas, it is getting me nowhere. Nobody ever warned me about post-grad depression. I know this is turning into a big downer, and I don't want to write anymore about feeling like a failure, so instead, I am going to share with you some of the perks of being unemployed.

1) Making lunch. I made the best sandwich in the world the other day. One bite, and I forgot about resumes and cover letters, and I was taken to the land of ooh la la.

2) Taking time to look pretty. Instead of rolling out of bed after a couple hours sleep, and rushing off for a full day, I have time to take a long shower and actually do my hair and pick out an outfit and not look like a total scrub.

3) FULL NIGHT'S SLEEP.

4) Working out. I, Brianna Jacobson, have gone back to the gym. It is about time. Amazing.

5) Reading. For fun. Everyone out there should get a copy of Phillip Roth's "Goodbye Columbus." He is a phenomenal writer, and I would have never known it if my job hunt wasn't taking so long.

So, maybe things aren't so bad afterall. But if any of you out there wanna help me out, my email address is briannajacobson@gmail.com
I would LOVE to give you my resume.
Love,
Brianna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home